Writing Assignments

HDR Photography 

See the source image

HDR stands for “high dynamic range.” Dynamic range is basically just the difference between the lightest light and darkest dark you can capture in a photo. Once your subject exceeds the camera’s dynamic range, the highlights tend to wash out to white, or the darks simply become big black blobs. It’s notoriously difficult to snap a photo that captures both ends of this spectrum, but with modern shooting techniques and advanced post-processing software, photographers have devised ways to make it happen. HDR is a specific style of photo with an unusually high dynamic range that couldn’t otherwise be achieved in a single photograph. Trying to keep an eye out for scenes and subjects that have a large, noticeable contrast between light and dark areas. This is usually easier said than done since our eyes see in HDR already, but if you can spot these types of scenes it totally pays off in the end. These are the kinds of shots that benefit most from HDR post-processing techniques, since you otherwise wouldn’t be able to capture all the full dynamic range in one shot.

Ted Talk: Impossible Photography

Erik Johansson creates realistic photos of impossible scenes by capturing ideas, not moments. In this witty how-to, he describes the principles he uses to make these fantastical scenarios come to life, while keeping them visually plausible. Erik Johansson has raised a few eyebrows among the photography crowd for more than a couple reasons. While most will agree that his photography skills are far above average, critics argue that the real art behind his work comes in Photoshop. He is a well know image manipulator that combines multiple photographs resulting in a single photograph that would be otherwise impossible to take with a camera. Johansson has set the standards pretty high in terms in impossible photography. During the introduction of his talk Johansson explains his style saying, “I wanted to create something that starts when you press the button.  So, its more about capturing an idea rather than capturing a moment. The basics are quite simple, i just see it a parcel of reality where you can put it together to create an alternate reality.”

Johansson goes on to give viewers some tips on creating their own impossible photographs. He explains that realistic images require a lot of planning. Johansson suggests starting with a sketch of your idea then combining the images into one. His golden rules when creating an impossible photograph are broken down in three simple guidelines: All of the images must be taken from the same perspective, All of the images must be taken using the same lighting, and When combining the images, the results must be seamless. This means making it impossible to distinguish where the images begin and end. Johansson was introduced to photography at age 15, when he was given his first digital camera. He has gone on to become a leader in digital art and photoshop manipulation. His art has been featured around the world and has inspired photographers everywhere to get know photoshop a little better.

Indeed Job Research

1. Fashion Photographer in Chino, CA / I think I will meet the qualifications for this job because I am self-motivated, hard working, organized and I have strong knowledge with Photoshop and Lightroom.
  2. Portrait Photographer in Rancho Cucamonga, CA / I think I will meet the qualifications for this job because by this time I would’ve graduated from High School and it’s a required qualification for this job.
  3. Real Estate Photographer in Riverside, CA / I think I will meet the qualifications for this job because I will have over a three year experience in photography and it’s a required qualification for this job.

Writing Reflection on Favorite Teacher Photo

My first year in high school, I was already terrified out my mind starting as a Freshman. Ms. Lopez was my first period teacher for Honors English, English was not the subject I was the strongest in. My sister had her in her Junior year, so already I was pretty embarrassed because she will always walk with me and drop me off so she can say hi to her. What made even worse was that her track photo was up on the wall so I would always see it on the wall and it just made me mad and annoyed. I never had a problem with her and she never had a problem with me, I wasn’t that student that would start problems or acted like a total idiot to get attention. I was always on top of my work in her class and I seriously never talked or made a single peep in her class at all, the only time I would talk is when we would work with partners or when she would call on me. I believe I was one of her favorite students because I was an outstanding wonderful student in her class.

I truly admire Ms. Lopez academically she really made me improve in my writing and in the subject in general. What makes her so admirable is that she really loves teaching English, usually teachers don’t like the subject the teach to students. On top of that she is literally one of the nicest teachers at Jurupa, she really does care for her students, she’s the teacher you can go up to for help, she’s the teacher that can be the shoulder to cry on, I think. She also is one of the realest teachers at Jurupa and she will always keep it 100 with you, or she will be too serious about something, but that’s makes her one of the best. I really do love Ms. Lopez for shaping me into the student I am right now, without her I don’t know if I would be in IB English if it wasn’t for her amazing teaching.

Writing Reflection on my Social/Political Issue Poster

There’s no way on explaining how I feel about Police Brutality, I also don’t want to get to political, and I don’t want to say the wrong things. Individuals who engage in police brutality may do so with the approval of their superiors. Hundreds of citizens are killed by police annually throughout the United States. We don’t even know the exact amount of lives that are being lost and it remains unknown because the lives lost are not always accounted for. African American men are deeply impacted by police brutality because officers use lethal force or weapons as a method of detainment. African American women are also being impacted too by risking their lives to police violence and sexual assault. The Police are expected to be accountable for upholding the law, as well as respecting and protecting the lives of all. Most victims of police brutality, not only are African Americans, but also Americans, and other ethnic groups that come from low-income working classes.

My $10,000 Photography Shopping Spree

1. Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm lens / Price: $449.99
  2. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens / Price: $1,899.00
  3. Zeiss Metal Lens Shade for Otus F1.4 ZE and ZF.2 Lenses / Price $386.00
  4. Impact VC-500WLN 3-500Ws Digital Moonlight with Transmitter Kit 2 / Price total: $1,399.00
  5. Impact BGS-S12-V2 Background Support System (12′) / Price: $104.95
  6. Savage Widetone Seamless Background Paper (#01 Super White, 107″ x 36′ ) / Price: $64.99
  7. Savage Widetone Seamless Background Paper (#20 Black, 86″ x 36′) / Price: $55.99
  8. Bessey Steel Spring Clamp (Black, 2 1/4 x 2″) / Price total for 5: $17.95
  9. Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT / Price: $499.99
  10. Magnus PV-3330G Photo/Video Tripod with Geared Center Column with Smartphone Adapter and GoPro Mount / Price: $27.95
  11. SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card / Price: $73.99
  12. Kingston USB 3.0 High-Speed Media Reader / Price: $20.49
  13. Canon LC-E10 Battery Charger for EOS Rebel T3, T5, T6, and T7 / Price: $44.95

I would need all of this equipment because in my opinion it seems like a great kit to start my photography career. All the equipment that I have listed to purchase would be great because it’s all of the things I truly want and need in my photography career. Having all of this equipment will have me prepared for future photography projects since I might do more than one kind of photography genre within my career. Having the equipment I am willing to purchase for my camera will be amazing to have just in case on what type of setting I am going to try to shoot in. I plan to make great use of each piece of equipment because I know I will make excellent use of all this equipment I am willing to buy out of my pocket.

5 ways to improve my photography composition

1. Include a focal point
  2. Follow the rule of thirds
  3. Balance the image diagonally
  4. Shoot from a lower angle
  5. Include foreground interest

RAW vs JPEG Capture

With RAW you are shooting photographic images in an uncompressed format. Images are unprocessed or minimally processed by your camera. RAW images maintains all the data captured by the image sensor in your camera. The image sensor captures light, shadow, and tones of color for the length of time your shutter is open. Most camera are set to capture JPEG images by default. RAW will require adjustments in your camera to change into the RAW format.

Joint Photographic Experts Group, the name of the organization the developed this image format. When you save an image as a JPEG, some data from the image from the image will be lost and deleted forever to reduce the size of the file. JPEG is designed to compress photographs that use natural colors and light. JPEG often results in pixilation around the edges when the image becomes blurry and you can see individual pixels. Use JPEG if you want to make your photos small enough to share easily, but still retain fairly

“What I learned about camera exposure and camera modes”

Camera exposure determines how light or dark an image will appear when it’s been captured by a camera. It’s determined by three camera settings: aperture, ISO and shutter speed or better known as the “exposure triangle.” The reason why the exposure triangle is so important is that they work to balance out the exposure on your image. Mastering the exposure triangle will help you develop greater and better photos in your photography career. Using the correct exposure will help you ensure you don’t “underexpose” or “overexpose”. The key is that there are different combinations of width, time and quantity that will help you.  Camera exposure is important in a digital camera because we are able to take shots in less light if we use a faster film and brighter light if we use a slower film. With a camera we decide on the best sensitivity of the sensor and set it for each individual photo.

The four main types of camera modes that can be found on most digital cameras today are Program (P), Shutter Priority (Tv), Aperture Priority (Av) or (A), and Manual (M). Each mode influence how aperture, ISO and shutter speed are chosen for a given exposure. Some modes attempt to pick all three values for you, others let you specify one setting and the camera picks the other two, maybe. Cameras may also have several pre-set modes, the most common ones are landscape, portrait, sports and night mode. We should keep in mind that most of the above settings rely on the camera’s metering system in order to know what’s a proper exposure. Camera modes are important because some of the modes on your camera are great places to start. The main one would be Manual mode, it will give you much more control over the look of your photos. So shoot in manual mode if your camera can automatically adjust settings for you.